Current PhD Students
Claudia is a PhD student in the Fenner School of Environment and Society and CSIRO Science into Society Group. Her PhD research examines the social and ecological impacts of natural gas developments, and seeks to identify opportunities for managing these impacts through deliberative forms of governance. Claudia has previously worked for the Australian Government in water policy and marine conservation roles, and she is particularly interested in the application of deliberative approaches to environmental problems with global effects, especially on marine and coastal environments. She has published on water resources management and NRM funding in Australia.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.), The Australian National University
- Bachelor of Arts, The Australian National University
- Certificate IV Project Management
- English and Italian
Scholarships, Prizes and Awards
- Australian Postgraduate Award, 2013-2016
- CSIRO Top-Up Scholarship, Energy Transformed Flagship, 2013-2016
- Australian Water Association ACT Branch Undergraduate Water Prize, 2012
- Best Student Paper Presentation, Practical Responses to Climate Change National Conference, 2012
- Italian Government Bursary for Foreign Students, 2009
- Vice-Chancellor’s Travel Grant, 2009
- Ethel Tory Languages Scholarship, 2009
- Dante Alighieri Society Italian Prize, 2009
- Swiss Embassy Prize for Italian, 2008
- Inaugural IARU Global Studies Program Scholarship, 2008
- Benham, C., S. Beavis and K. Hussey. In press. The cost of collaboration: how Caring for our Country has shaped regional Natural Resource Management in an Australian river catchment, Australasian Journal of Environmental Management.
- Benham, C., K. Hussey and S. Beavis. In press. Planning for success: collaborative water governance in the Upper Murrumbidgee catchment, south-eastern Australia. Australian Journal of Water Resources.
- Benham, C.F., K.H. Hussey, and S. G. Beavis. 2012. ‘The Social Network: Collaborative water governance in the Upper Murrumbidgee catchment, South-Eastern Australia. Paper presented to the Practical Responses to Climate Change National Conference 2012, Canberra, 1-3 May 2012.