The Institute provides a neutral space for bringing together experts from academia, practice and the private and third sectors to solve critical governance problems. We aspire to be a trusted knowledge broker that enables creative conversations between theory and practice that advance the quality of contemporary governance. We achieve this through delivering a broad programme of events in which we engage our network of researchers, practitioners and the wider public in discussions that are located at the nexus of research and practice. This includes:
- Canberra Conversation Lecture Series – public intellectuals are provided with a platform to debate major policy problems confronting Canberra and the nation.
- Parliamentary Triangle Seminar Series – televised panel discussions on critical governance problems with leading international and national thinkers and practitioners.
- IGPA Professorial Lecture Series – a thought provoking series of lectures on fundamental governance problems facing Australia and the world. Delivered by acclaimed academics and thought leaders, the Public Lecture Series is open to the public, alumni and staff working at the University.
Democratic Conversations – is a new public lecture series jointly hosted by IGPA and the Museum of Australian Democracy aimed at enhancing the quality of debate in the nation’s capital on the important democratic questions of our time.
- Symposiums & Conferences
NATSEM Seminar Series – each month NATSEM convenes a program of seminars in which researchers present their findings across a variety of topics. These seminars range from discussions on key theoretical issues through to practical empirical studies.
- IGPA Research Seminar Series – featuring local and international researchers reporting their research findings in a friendly and informal environment.
- IGPA Graduate Research Forum - a friendly and open environment for researchers from across the University to engage in debate about different concepts, methods and approaches in the social sciences, particularly governance, political science, public policy, and economics. Tailored around the particular interests and needs of PhD students, the Forum is nevertheless open to anyone who would like to attend.
Public Sector Excellence Awards
The Institute for Governance Public Sector Excellence Awards are held annually to recognise outstanding Australian public servants at different levels of governance who demonstrate excellence in...– READ MORE –
Celebrating the Contribution of Women to Public Sector Excellence
The Institute established a reference group in 2011 to develop a series of activities which highlight the contribution of women to public sector excellence and give voice to their achievements...– READ MORE –