The foreign policy train rolls on, and Australia has finally gained a seat on the United Nations Security Council. According to the combined authority of the Prime Minister and the Foreign...
Professor Mark Evans has played a prominent role in the development of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and executive professional training programs. At the postgraduate level Mark has designed or co-designed:
- York Politics ESRC postgraduate research training programmes;
- MPA and MPA in International Development and associated professional training programs at the University of York (2005);
- a joint Erasmus Mundus MA in Public Policy with IBEI in Barcelona, ISS in the Hague and the Central European University (2007);
- co-designed York’s MA in International Human Rights Law (with Dr Michael Kearney) (2009);
- designed an innovative ’1 plus 1’ Masters degree in Political Research with Ritsumeikan University in Japan (2008);
- co-designed the pilot Foundation degree in Government for the Cabinet Office (2006); and
- three innovative on-line Masters modules on Policy Analysis, Public Administration and Development and Understanding Governance for the UK E-University (2006-8).
More recently, Mark has designed or co-designed:
- MPA with Public Service Placement program for the Ministry of Public Administration and Services in South Korea and a nine month postgraduate certificate for Romanian civil servants on the EU Phare Program at the University of York;
- Chevening programme in conflict transformation at the University of York;
- bespoke training programmes in public sector governance for overseas partners (see International);
- Canberra MPA and professional training programmes at ANZSIG;
- postgraduate certificate in public administration for Australia’s Department of Agriculture at ANZSIG; and various bespoke training programmes in public sector governance for ANZSIG’s successful short course programme.