Professor Mark Evans has played a prominent role in the development of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and executive professional training programs. At the postgraduate level Mark has designed or co-designed:
- York Politics ESRC postgraduate research training programmes;
- MPA and MPA in International Development and associated professional training programs at the University of York (2005);
- a joint Erasmus Mundus MA in Public Policy with IBEI in Barcelona, ISS in the Hague and the Central European University (2007);
- co-designed York’s MA in International Human Rights Law (with Dr Michael Kearney) (2009);
- designed an innovative ’1 plus 1’ Masters degree in Political Research with Ritsumeikan University in Japan (2008);
- co-designed the pilot Foundation degree in Government for the UK Cabinet Office (2006);
- three innovative on-line Masters modules on Policy Analysis, Public Administration and Development and Understanding Governance for the UK E-University (2006-8).
- designed MPA with Public Service Placement program for the Ministry of Public Administration and Services in South Korea and a nine month postgraduate certificate for Romanian civil servants on the EU Phare Program at the University of York;
- co-designed Chevening programme in conflict transformation at the University of York;
- designed bespoke training programmes in public sector governance for overseas partners (see International);
- designed Canberra MPA and professional training programmes at IGPA;
- designed the postgraduate certificate in public administration for Australia’s Commonwealth Departments of Agriculture, Infrastructure and Industry and the ACT government;
- designed the postgraduate certificate programmes in Economics and Management for the Commonwealth Department of Industry;
- Co-designed various bespoke training programmes in aspects of public sector governance for the Commonwealth Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and Human Services.
- Co-designed various international leadership programmes funded through AUSAID, the Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade, or the European Union for the governments of China, Kazakhstan,Vietnam on governance problems (e.g. post-crisis leadership in China) or reform processes (e.g. social security reform in Vietnam).