News and Media
NATSEM in the News
NATSEM contributes regularly to mainstream news, public affairs and social media. Our expert insight spans a range of social policy and issues. These include:
- The Federal Budget
- Disability and Mental Health
- Education and Childcare
- Health and Ageing
- Labour Force
- Regional, Rural and Remote Communities
- Tax and Transfer
- Disadvantage, Welfare and Wellbeing
If you would like to seek comment from NATSEM staff, please contact: Brenton.Prosser | at | canberra.edu.au or UCMedia | at | canberra.edu.au
For urgent media requests, please call the Media and Communications Team on 0408826362.
- I went to grandparenting school and some of it was confronting (Sydney Morning Herald)
- 880000 living in poverty in 'wealthiest state in one of the wealthiest countries’ (SBS)
- Calls for reform as Australians on disability support struggle to make ends meet (SBS)
- Disabled Australians over $100 worse off a week, report finds (Canberra Times)
- How many people in your suburb live in poverty? (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Increasing Newstart benefits would reduce inequality (ABC News)
NEWS & COMMUNICATIONS
NATSEM supports resources that keep our community and the public up to date with our latest work.
NATSEM Updates is a monthly update from the NATSEM Director.
We will shortly introduce our new NATSEM Research Insight series, using current and emerging research to provide insight into social issues of national and international importance.
The UC Faculty of Business, Government and Law also provides regular updates on news and events of interest to the NATSEM community. Find out more about BGL News & Events.
UnCover is the single source for all UC stories and the place to look for new ideas that span research disciplines.