Centre for Change Governance
Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis at the University of Canberra
Government-business relations, leadership, innovation, comparative politics, historical institutionalism, transport policy, communications policy, broadband, infrastructure policy, social media, online learning.
Dr Michael de Percy CMILT is a Senior Lecturer in Political Science in the School of Government and Policy and an Academic Fellow of IGPA at the University of Canberra.
His research focuses on transport, logistics and communications policy and infrastructure. He adopts an historical institutionalist approach to understand how policy decisions made in the past influence the options available in the present. This is particularly important in network technologies such as transport and communications where legacy technologies tend to restrict optimal use of emerging technologies.
Michael teaches government-business relations and leadership and he is a keen adopter of flexible pedagogical approaches in his teaching. He is a graduate of the Australian National University (PhD) and the Royal Military College Duntroon, and he is a Chartered Member (CMILT) of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
Michael maintains a blog on his research, teaching and community engagement activities at www.politicalscience.com.au and you can follow him on twitter @madepercy.
- De Percy, M.A. (2009), "Public Sphere 2.0 is Here", Public Administration Today, Canberra: Institute of Public Administration Australia, 19, pp. 12-14.
- De Percy, M.A. with Daly, A., Kennedy, M. & Read, A. (2009), "Mapping Generic Skills in the Business Curriculum: A case study from the University of Canberra". Paper presented at the AARE 2009 International Education Research Conference, Canberra, 29 November.
- De Percy, M.A. with Mak, A.S., & Kennedy, M. (2008), "Experiential Learning in Multicultural Classes for Internationalising the Student Experience". Paper presented at the International Consortium on Experiential Learning Conference, University of Technology Sydney, 8-12 December.
- De Percy, M.A. (2008), "Opportunities and Challenges for Social Policy: Engaging Youth Online". Public Administration Today. Canberra: Institute of Public Administration Australia, Iss. 14, January-March.
- De Percy, M.A. (2008), "Broadbanding the Nation: Lessons from Canada or Shortcomings in Australian Federalism?". In Butcher, J. (ed). Australia Under Construction: Nation-building past, present and future. Canberra: ANZOG & ANU e-Press.
- De Percy, M.A. (2004), "National Security versus Civil Liberties: Towards an Australian Bill of Rights". Paper presented at the Australasian Political Studies Association Conference, University of Adelaide, 29 September.
Research Projects & Grants