Centre for Change Governance
Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis at the University of Canberra
Professional responsibilities and regulation of in-house lawyers, the role of in-house lawyers in public sector governance and the regulation of digital industries.
“The Advisory role of lawyers in government practice: through a values lens”
Professor Linda Botterill and Adjunct Professor, Dr Gary Rumble
Lecturer University of Canberra, PhD Candidate, IGPA.
Jenny is a senior legal professional and policy advisor with over 20 years of international experience in a wide variety of roles and management environments ranging from large multinational and public sector organisations to smaller private sector companies. She has held General Counsel roles at Reuters Limited, Airservices Australia, Lonely Planet and ninemsn. Currently, she lectures on the MBA and JD programs of the Faculty of Business Government and Law at the University of Canberra and is an Adjunct Lecturer at the New South Wales College of Law. Her core areas of expertise are digital medial law, intellectual property, regulatory risk management and corporate governance. In 2015, she received a Vice Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence, Sessional Staff.
- LLB, BA (Hons) Monash University, LLM, London School of Economics University of London.
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court, England and Wales.
- “Ninja Turtles versus Crocodile Dundee” – A Comparison of Australian and English Approaches to Unfair Competition” Vol 13 Issue 11, 1991 EIPR 436.
- “The Draft Code of Banking Practice, Implications for Electronic Banking”  3 JIBL 117.
- “Compac v Dell: Does it Compute” – Vol 14 Issue 2 1992 EIPR 61.
- “Conflict and Discipline: the Van Diemen's Land Company” -The Push from the Bush, No. 25, October 1987. pp. 37-51
- Colonial Servitude – Indentured and Assigned Servants of the Van Diemen’s Land Company 1825 – 41 (Monash Publications in History, 1989).
“Cyber-bullying: Easy to Perpetrate Hard to Stop” Sydney Morning Herald March 6, 2014