International MPA Partnership Program (IMPAPP)
The Institute also partners with a consortium of leading international universities in the delivery of an International MPA Partnership Program (IMPAPP). This provides a unique opportunity for overseas students drawn from senior levels of the public service or aspiring to be senior members of the public service to study for a double MPA degree.
The program provides a detailed and systematic understanding of how political institutions, administrative systems and public policies operate and interact from the global political economy through to national and local levels with a direct focus on understanding governance. This is an integrated educational programme that consists of a foundation MPA with an introduction to public administration, public policy and governance, and a second MPA program hosted by IGPA, during which students will focus on advanced studies in the theory and practice of governance in a federated system.
The foundation MPA provides participants with a training in research methods and an in-depth knowledge of public administration and public policy-making and the second MPA provides an opportunity to draw lessons (positive and negative) from an overseas system and identify ingredients of better public sector practice and innovation.
The IMPAPP involves:
- A foundation MPA in public administration and public policy studies and research methods at partner institutions.
- An internship at a relevant policy/administrative institution in Australia where students will have the chance to gain practical experience.
- A second MPA at IGPA finishing with a dissertation or applied research policy paper.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This unique combination of strong conceptual foundations with practice and policy-oriented learning will provide MPP graduates with all the necessary transferable skills and subject-specific knowledge for embarking on senior professional careers as policy-makers, policy-analysts and advisors in either politics, the civil service, international organisations or the corporate and non-governmental sectors. They will have unsurpassed knowledge of policy making milieus, and solid institutional and personal networks that will take them forward into leadership roles and constructive future engagements with the rest of the world.
Successful applicants to IMPAPP will be of outstanding intellectual calibre. Our minimum requirements are:
- a good bachelors degree in a cognate field and/or at least three year’s work experience;
- English language credentials - high scores in writing and oral IELTS are strongly recommended.
- high motivation and interest in public administration and public policy.
Please Dr Riyana (Mira) Miranti our Indonesia Program Convenor
This is a joint program with the Institute and the Department of Public Policy and Management, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Universitas Indonesia (UI)